About the Koei-Kan System
Koei-Kan Karate-Do is an original style of Karate-Do that can be traced back to its roots in Okinawa, Japan and China. Koei-Kan is a very disciplined form of martial arts that has not been changed or Americanized from its traditional ways.
• Training 5 days per week: Traditional Koei-Kan Karate
• Unlimited Individual Instruction: During regular hours
• Group Conditioning Class: High Intensity Interval Training
• Striking Skills: Utilizing Focus Pads, Heavy Bags, Kicking Shields and Mirror Training
• Sparring: Develop at Your Own Pace or "Train to be a Champion!"
• Bogu: Armored Training to "Help You Know Yourself"
About Friday Night Fights!
Friday night sparring is for students who have been in our regular program and have completed a minimum of 20 hours of training. All students must know the first 5 basic combinations in order to participate in Fight Night. Please ask Sensei if your student is ready for this exciting and humbling class.
History of Martial Arts
Brazilian jiu-jitsu, a martial art that originated in Brazil, was introduced to the United States in the 1990s. The art was brought to the United States by the Gracie family, who founded the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy in Torrance, California. Brazilian jiu-jitsu has become popular in the United States in recent years, thanks in part to its success in mixed martial arts competitions.
Benefits of Martial Arts
Another benefit of martial arts is the development of mental discipline and focus. The training requires concentration and attention to detail, which can improve cognitive skills such as memory and problem-solving.